Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Feelin' Good

Howdy! It's been awhile!

I am truly feeling good. Though I been off of chemo for almost 4 months now, I am now feeling like my 'old self' - which is great! I have found myself working on projects that were completely ignored or done half-assed over the past 9 months. I have even cleaned out & reorganized closets!

And in all my regained energy, I have decided to take on a new endeavor - selling Avon. My mom is retiring from her Avon business and I will pick up where she left off. And since we are closing the BBC at the end of this week, Avon is my new 2nd job.

The end of the BBC is very bittersweet for me. Our shop has been a source of great pride for my mom & I. We love our customers & making new friends, but we have also been tethered to that building for almost 9 years. It will be quite strange for us to have Saturdays off. Mom & Dad are very much looking forward to being able to go to Colorado & visit grand babies! I'm looking forward to being able to say "yes!" when a friend asks me to do something on a weekend.

As we just celebrated Christmas and are now looking forward to a New Year, I hope you don't mind indulging me while I get kinda sentimental.

2011 was a hell of a year.  Period.  And while I am grateful for the experiences & lessons learned, I am more grateful to kiss 2011 goodbye.

2011 taught me many things:
* I am one tough chick.
* I look great bald.
* Help is never far away if you are humble enough to ask.
* Love and faith are the biggest healers there are.
* It's okay to cry - a lot.
* Prayer works.
* God truly works in mysterious ways.

I hesitate to make resolutions, because they seem to set a person up for failure. Instead, I wish for good health for my kids, my parents, myself, my extended family & all my friends. Good health is priceless. I wish to be of assistance to those who are going through health struggles of their own. I feel that I will be guided to those who need me.

Thank you is not enough to everyone who helped me, prayed for me, sent me cards & goodies, cooked for me, watched my kids or came over to visit me. I'm sure there are hundreds of other kindnesses that I failed to mention, but I am grateful for each and every one of them. I hope to be able to pay them all forward tenfold.

The Happiest of New Year's to you,
Marjie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marjie!! so nice to meet you, and so glad you found my blog! I am sorry to hear everything you've been going through since April. What is the next step in your treatment?
    I would LOVE to go to C4WY but that is the same weekend as the WBCA Pink Zone basketball game in State College, which raises money for breast cancer research and awareness. My fiancee is on the committee, and I am attending, with our family and friends, as a survivor. So I'm really excited about that! maybe I can go next year.
    How old are you, and did you have any genetic testing done? I'm not sure how much you've read of my blog, but I tested negative for BRCA1 and BRCA2, but positive for p53, a rare genetic mutation that only about 400 families in the world have. It means I have what's called Li Fraumeni Syndrome, and makes me very prone to getting cancer. (the breast cancer was my 2nd cancer.)
    I hope you're doing well and staying strong! I'm thinking of you and praying for you. It seems like you have a beautiful life with so many people who love you. We are blessed, aren't we?! best of luck with everything, and I hope to talk soon!
    Love,
    Marjie

    ReplyDelete